Arabic calligraphy is revered for its intricate form and design. Every letter and shape is characterized by precise, geometrical elements.
In this private, 10-hour course (10 sessions x 1 hour), you will learn the sacred art of Arabic calligraphy in an accustomed way using bamboo/reed pen and ink. The course will not only teach you how to write it, but you will also understand the beauty of scripting, its historic value, and its significance.
This extensive course is designed for beginners and aims to help students master the Art of Qalam in just 8 sessions.
You will learn:
- History and development of the Islamic/Arabic calligraphy
- Introduction to different fonts/Khatts
- All techniques and rules to learn calligraphy
- How to make your own qalams and prepare your ink
- Detailed learning of Thuluth script
All materials will be provided
All sessions are valid for 75 days upon booking
12 and older
(Unit # will be shared upon booking)