Gouache is also known as opaque watercolor. Although it's water based it's used in a similar painting technique to acrylic and oil and it will give you a painting of layers and depth but with the vibrancy and beauty as water painting. If this sounds like your kind of style, then drop on by for this art class.
In this class, you will be introduced to gouache painting techniques by a talented artist. You will learn to paint a Realistic eye with step by step guide following a reference photo. You will also learn about skin tones and how to create different human skin tones for your eyes of portrait paintings. At the end of the class, the instructor will let you take away a piece of skin tone swatch card practiced in the class that can help in your future paintings.
The classes are held in a private 1-on-1 setting with the instructor at the comfort of their studio. You can choose between 3 or 6 sessions depending on your artistic proficiency and learning needs. Each session goes on for 3 hours.
You will learn:
- An easy technique for drawing a basic eye for Beginners
- To be able to paint an expressive eye
- About the physical properties of the anatomy of the eye, shape, texture, and proportions
- Tips & tricks to achieving realism and certain effects
- Study about human skin tones
Beginner & Intermediate
* Students must bring a sketchbook, palette, set of round and filbert brushes, watercolor paper or canvas or a gesso board
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
14 and older