In this program, you will explore current uses of technology that is used by the younger generation and how that engagement influences their own development. You will also identify the opportunities and challenges that are associated with new technologies. Participants will understand how new technologies can be designed and incorporated into youth work to promote positive youth development.
Who Should Attend?
- Youth workers in government departments, corporations and NGOs
- Young leaders
- Student activities coordinators
- School and University teachers
When you successfully complete this program, you should be able to:
- Explain how the type and extent of youth usage of technology affect tier development.
- Identify the risks and benefits of technology to youth programs and create a plan for technology use in their programs.
- Describe the various models that are used to structure technology-based interventions for youth.
- Apply one of these models to a practical situation in a youth-relevant setting.
- Demonstrate the ability to design an activity or intervention that incorporates technology to promote positive youth development.
- Day 1
- Overviews of Youth and Technology
- App generation review
- Youth and Adolescent Ownership and Use of New Media
- The Impact of Social Media on Youth, Adolescents, and Families
- A Silicon Valley School That Doesn’t Compute!
- Models of Integrating Technology into Youth Settings
- The Use of Technology to Promote the Multicultural Development of Youth
- Internet use and developmental tasks
- Positive Technology Development
- The Potential of Games for Learning
- Day 2
- Technology in Youth Programs
- E Mentoring
- Digital Media
- Using Technology to Promote Positive Youth Development
- Youth-Driven Social Media Campaign to Promote STI and HIV Testing Among Adolescents
- Adaptive Game for Reducing Aggressive Behavior
- Text-Messaging Interventions to Promote Healthy Behaviors in Adolescents
- Day 3
- The Dangers and Policies around Technology Use
- Use of Electronic Devices and Social Media in Youth Camps
- Understanding the Role of Technology in Adolescent Dating and Dating Violence
- The Multiple Dimensions of Video Game Effects on Youth
- Social media use in adult–youth relationships
- How Clear Missions Guide Electronic Technology Policies
All materials will be provided
3 days prior to course start with full refund
18 - 45 years old
* You will receive a certificate of participation by the end of this course
* Upon request, this class can also be conducted online
The Oberoi Dubai, 8th Floor, Office #13