This online program is designed to teach your kids how to build web apps using Python's Flask Web Application Framework. Python is a highly recommended and suitable coding language for kids. It's easy to understand and perfect for new developers.
Here are a few reasons why your kid should learn how to create web apps:
- Build Real World Apps: This can be useful at school, home, or to add more fun to your kid's favorite hobbies
- Interact with Users: Build websites that help users interact like blogs, feedback forms, quiz, shopping cart and more
- Gather Information: Gather and Display LIVE information from across the web using API’s like Weather, World Stats and more
- Explore Data Handling: Learn to create CRUD Apps. Create, Read, Update and Delete.
The program consists of 4 Levels and each session is for a duration of 1 hour. You can choose 12 sessions for 1 level, 24 sessions for 2 levels, 36 sessions for 3 levels, or 48 sessions for the complete program.
- Level 1 - HTML and CSS - Age 11+
- Headings and Paragraphs
- Background and Text Color
- Pictures and Videos
- Lists and Links
- Fonts, Text and Alignment
- Boxes and Shapes with Padding, Margin and Border
- Layouts with Flexbox and Grid
- Navigation Bar and CSS Cards
- HTML Forms
- Bonus Lessons - Transition, Variables and Media Queries
- Level 2 - Website Project
- Build a Responsive Website using CSS Grid / Flex Layouts.
- Students are mentored on converting a visual design into a website template
- Build a Responsive design accessible on both Computers and Mobiles
- Guidance on Hosting to a Free Github Account
- Level 3 - Python Foundation
- Variables and Functions
- Strings and Numbers
- If Statements and Random Library
- Loops - For and While
- Data Collection - Lists, Tuples and Dictionaries
- Error Handling
- Bonus Lesson: Save to a File
- Level 4 - Flask Web App Framework
- Creating a Flask Web App
- Connect HTML Forms
- Display Lists and Dictionaries
- Display JSON Files
- Web App Projects
All materials will be provided
All sessions are valid for 4 months upon booking
11 - 18 years old
- Upon booking this course, the instructor will contact you to set the schedule and will then provide you with the link to the online portal where the class will be conducted.