The BabyCalm™ approach is a gentle style of parenting that seeks to understand why babies behave and develop in the way they do.
By choosing the BabyCalm method, parents are given the knowledge, and the confidence, to trust their instincts, listen to their child’s signals, and enjoy their special time together. This 3.5-hour, online workshop is designed to help parents-to-be or new parents begin to understand why newborn babies are fussy, so likely to cry so much and sleep so little and why they are really only happy in your arms. In addition to showing you ways to calm a crying baby, you will learn how to cope with colic and how to encourage your baby to sleep better.
Despite what many parenting books might say, there isn't one right way to care for your baby, so you will be provided with a range of ideas and suggestions. Your instructor will encourage and empower you to choose your own path and trust your own heart. This workshop will help you begin your parenthood adventure feeling confident and prepared!
What you will learn:
- The effects of the birth on your baby and how you can help to reverse them
- How to aid bonding with your new baby
- How to maximize the amount of sleep your baby - and you - will get
- How to avoid or soothe colic
- How to calm a crying baby
- How to help your baby sleep a little more
- What baby products are really worth buying
- How to 'wear' your baby in a sling or a carrier (also known as getting your arms back!)
- How to swaddle - and whether it is for you
- Help you to feel more calm and confident as a new parent.
- How to understand what your baby is trying to communicate to you
- How to “baby-proof” your marriage so your relationship will also stay calm amid all the upheaval that is about to arrive
* Students will receive emailed handouts and many follow-up digital resources, articles & videos from the class
48 hours prior to course start with full refund
18 and older
* Upon booking the class, the instructor will contact you to provide a link to the online portal, where the class will be conducted
* Certificate of completion can be provided upon request
* This workshop can be taken by moms and dads at any time during pregnancy or from birth to 12 weeks of age
* The class price is for 1 family and dads, aunts, nannies or grandmothers can join for free