Baby Massage is a technique that has been practiced in many parts of the world since ancient times. It has been introduced to western cultures over the past 40 years and is becoming increasingly popular around the world.
Massaging your baby provides nurturing touch and communication, both of which are essential for the healthy development of babies and children, and is now recognized as valuable by medical science. This 5-week, online workshop is for mothers and babies from birth to age one. The Baby Massage classes are run by Amy, who is a Certified Infant Massage Instructor with the International Association of Infant Massage (IAIM) since 2011 and is currently the IAIM country contact person for the UAE. Amy is also a former midwife, a lactation consultant, a licensed BabyCalm Consultant, and TummyTime Method Instructor.
These relaxed sessions include time each week for informal discussion between participants and group discussion on topics such as sleeping, crying, TummyTime tips, adjusting to motherhood, colic, bonding, child development, babywearing, and much more. Amy expertly combines all her skills and qualifications to make this a unique course which many participants have described as being so much more than a massage class!
What you will learn:
- Massage strokes for legs, feet, stomach, chest, arms, hands, face and back
- A short colic routine
- Gentle movements and touch relaxation
- The best time and for how long to massage
- What massage oils to use
- How to adapt the strokes for your baby's individual needs and the growing child
- A “quickie” full body massage when you don’t have time for the whole routine
- The importance of tummy time for baby and how to help baby enjoy and thrive during tummy time, rather than just find it frustrating
* Students will receive emailed handouts and many follow-up digital resources, articles & videos from the class
* A waterproof mat and towel are needed to massage the baby
* After booking the class, the instructor will guide you to find the right type of oil. Food-grade, unscented, and organic/cold-pressed oils, such as organic sunflower oil or extra virgin organic coconut oil, are recommended
* Prescribed oils or lotions can also be used. The pros and cons of different oils (and the reasons why you may not want to use any oil) will be discussed in the first lesson.
48 hours prior to course start with full refund
18 and older
* Upon booking the class, the instructor will contact you to provide a link to the online portal, where the class will be conducted
* Certificate of completion can be provided upon request
* Ideal for moms and babies from birth to crawling. The class price is for 1 family and dads, aunts, nannies or grandmothers can join for free