This program is designed to introduce you to a range of different approaches to working with young people. You may already have experience of youth work. If so, then you have been working in a wide-ranging and complex field. However, you may have experience of only one type of youth work practice. We have designed this program so that you can get a clear understanding of several of the key practices in youth work. This will enable you to develop your insight and skill by allowing you to draw on a rich frame of reference.
When you successfully complete this program, you should be able to:
- Define Youth Development concept
- Briefly describe, in your own words, the history and position of youth development work in your country
- Delineate the professional role of the youth worker
- Explain the important factors that have affected youth development work and that influence current trends
- Begin working effectively with young people and adults in enabling them to improve the quality of their lives
- Select from a range of different approaches to youth development work those that are most appropriate to specific circumstances.
Who Should Attend?
- Youth program coordinators.
- Young leaders
- Youth workers in government departments, corporates, and NGOs
- School and University teachers
- Professionals responsible for policy formulation and strategy development in youth-focused organizations
- What is Youth development? and how does it influence youth work?
- Youth Development theories and practices
- Interactionist perspective - Functional Perspective Youth Development Values Enabling - Empowering
Youth Development Work: History and Traditions
- Youth development work in families and communities
- Youth work as social and leisure provision
- Out of school education Youth work for national development
- Youth welfare work
Youth Development Work: Models and Approaches
- Treatment Model
- Reform Model
- Advocacy Model
- Conscientisation Model
- Youth Development Practices
Youth Worker: Roles and Methods
- Working face to face with young people in a variety of settings
- Managing and supporting other paid and volunteer workers
- Formulating and developing community policies for governmental and non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
All materials will be provided
3 days prior to course start with full refund
18 - 45 years old
* You will receive a certificate of participation by the end of this course
* Upon request, this class can also be conducted online
The Oberoi Dubai, 8th Floor, Office #13