Are you wondering if this picture is real? Yes, it is! And you can create your own version too.
Watercolor sketching refers to any watercolor work that's completed quickly, with a loose, informal style. It's often used as a "warm-up" for a bigger, more detailed painting, but it's also a great practice for any on-the-go artist.
In this private 10 hours (5 sessions x 2 hours) course taught by the incredibly talented artist Anastasiia you will learn how to make quick sketches, create compositions, paint with watercolors and use different shading techniques.
The course will be aimed at beginners and self-taught urban sketchers who want to fill in the gaps of their understanding of watercolor.
- Water Control: How to control water and important principles when working with watercolor
- Quick Sketching & Composition: How to create quick sketches with the right drawing technique and composition
- Mixing, Layering and Working Wet: How to apply perfect washes and gradients and create beautiful textures and shades in watercolor
- Using Colour: Color mixing theory and how to create vibrant colors with a limited palette
- Bring It All Together: Create a finished watercolor sketch. The subject of the painting can be anything you'd like, but the instructor can guide you in choosing it as well
- Materials will be provided for the first class where the instructor will assess your needs and recommend the best materials for you
- Material cost vary between 250-350 AED and can be purchased directly from the instructor or bought on your own
All sessions are valid for 90 days upon booking
12 - 17 years old
- The class size may vary from 1-3 persons
- Alternate weekend sessions can be arranged upon request (subject to availability of instructor)
Instructors home studio at:
Street 1, Springs 11
(unit # will be shared upon booking)