Do your kids love to hear catchy Indian rhythms on the tabla? Have them start their musical journey with personal tabla lessons!
Often used to accompany music and dance, the tabla drum's main purpose is to ensure that the overall musical composition follows a specific rhythm. It's one of the most sought-after rhythmic instruments across various genres of world music. Tabla players study elaborate compositions, which are passed down orally from generation to generation.
In this 1-hour, private lesson, they'll learn how to play the tabla. They'll play their way to acquiring the skills required for this classical instrument! Beginners will learn the basics and how to practice their skills. Intermediate to advanced learners will be introduced to advanced skills, improvise their musical compositions and refine their existing skills.
Choose between 1, 5 and 10 sessions. These lessons can be customized according to their goals and rebooked as many times as required.
- Introduction to tabla
- Basic hand positions to play
- Different syllables to play and techniques
- How to play with a singer or instrumentalist
- How to play Bollywood and classical songs
- How to play fusion music
- Different rhythm patterns and styles
- All materials will be provided
- Optionally, students can purchase their own instrument and the instructor will offer advice on where to purchase it
All sessions are valid for 90 days upon booking
7 - 17 years old
- After completion of a minimum of 10 sessions, a participation certificate will be awarded
At Instructor's Home Studio (Unit # will be provided upon booking)
Next to Gardens Metro Station