This program provides strategies for Youth Sustainable Development Projects. It also explores the need to raise awareness about sustainable development for young generations, addressing the importance of the balance between the development process and environmental protection. This program will present the key role that young people can play towards sustainable development.
Who Should Attend?
- Professionals of environment and Sustainable development departments.
- Youth Workers, in government departments, corporates and NGOs.
- Student activities coordinators.
- Professionals responsible for policy formulation and strategy development in youth focused organizations.
- Young Leaders
- Schools and universities educators.
When you successfully complete this program, you should be able to:
- Increase your knowledge of the sustainable development and environmental issues that affect youth around the world.
- Provide you with the skills that will enable you to contribute to positive change in the present state of the environment.
- Work with a youth group to design and undertake an environmental/ sustainable development-related project.
- Enable you to lead and support group activities that will help to promote environmentally sustainable development.
- Design a project that gives clear expression to the principles of sustainable development.
- Evaluate projects in terms of their contribution to sustainable development.
- Day 1
- Youth and sustainable development
- Opportunities for young people
- International Youth Federation (IYF)
- The Caribbean Youth Environment Network (CYEN)
- Youth as initiators
- Youth as activists
- The social environment
- The relationship between the environment and development
- Youth concerns and responses
- Day 2
- Sustainable development project elements
- Sustainable development strategies
- The World Resources Institute model
- Environmental and technological objectives
- Economic and socio-cultural objectives
- Socio-economic and cultural objectives
- Ecological objectives
- Day 3
- The World Bank approach
- The sustainability matrix
- Sustainability as an opportunity
- Youth and sustainable development practical case studies
- Young Conservationists Club (YCC), Thailand
- Fiji National Youth Council (FNYC)
- Association of Friends of Nature Clubs (ACAN), Cameroon
All materials will be provided
3 days prior to course start with full refund
18 - 45 years old
* You will receive a certificate of participation by the end of this course
* Upon request, this class can also be conducted online
The Oberoi Dubai, 8th Floor, Office #13