The purpose of this program is to explore some of the development possibilities that link between youth work and contemporary economic change. You will discover the skills needed to promote self-employment including the principles of setting up micro-enterprises. You will explore how aspects of informal education can help you develop enterprise skills and undertake enterprise projects.
In this program, you will focus on the nature of current economic development and its relationship to enterprise activity. The classes will also focus on practical guidelines and exercises to develop enterprise skills with theories and practicals.
Who Should Attend?
- Mentors of business incubators and accelerators.
- Professionals responsible for the development of economic strategies.
- Youth Program coordinators.
- Young leaders.
- Youth workers in government departments, corporations and NGOs
When you successfully complete this program, you should be able to:
- Identify the different factors that shape and influence current economic development, particularly at a local level.
- Use experiential learning strategies to develop youth enterprise skills, with the aim of promoting local economic development.
- Support young women and young men in setting up small business projects.
- Contribute entrepreneurial expertise in the development of local economic strategies.
- Devise and deliver programs of informal education for young people to acquire enterprise skills.
- Day 1
- Understanding Economic Development
- Opportunities in the global market
- Unleashing entrepreneurship
- Economic development in rural areas
- Youth enterprise
- Small and informal enterprises
- Training entrepreneurs
- Government policies and support
- Changing role of government and NGOs
- Day 2
- Youth and enterprise
- What is youth enterprise?
- Barriers to enterprise
- Being creative
- The enterprise development cycle
- Setting up a small business
- Setting up a small business: The training program
- Starting out
- Preparing the ground
- Accounting practice
- The business model
- Day 3
- Planning a micro-enterprise
- Planning an enterprise
- Planning for micro and informal enterprises
- Informal learning
- Opportunities for young people
All materials will be provided
3 days prior to course start with full refund
18 - 45 years old
* You will receive a certificate of participation at the end of this course
* Upon request, this class can also be conducted online
The Oberoi Dubai, 8th Floor, Office #13