What is Architecture?
………or is it rather Archi- torture?
Confused about the field? Debating whether to pursue or not to pursue Architecture? To find out, embark on this wonderfully enlightening journey, on Architecture, specifically designed for students debating to enroll in the field, or simply for design enthusiasts.
This crash course on architecture will discuss the basic history of architecture, the process of design, how architects plan and most importantly understanding the architect's scale and how to draw.
According to recent studies as of 2019, “Employment of architects is projected to grow 8 percent from 2018 to 2028, faster than the average for all occupations.”
So taking up this course will not only broaden your knowledge but will also equip you with the basic skills required to be an architect. Whether you choose to be in the field or not, the skills you learn will not go to waste.
What students will learn:
- Session 1:
- What is Architecture? – A detailed discussion on designing spaces
- History of Architecture – Discussion of certain historically important buildings
- Modern Masters of Architecture and their work
- The process of design – How it’s all done - drawings, concepts, site plans, etc.
- Elements of Architecture and platonic forms
- Session 2:
- Understanding the Architectural scale
- Learn how to draw plans, sections, and elevations
- Session 3:
- Continue learning how to draw plans, sections, and elevations using an architecture scale
- Session 4:
- Design your own villa and understand circulation through spaces
- Plan out furniture placement
- Session 5:
- Learn how to draw a one-point perspective sketch of your villa
- Add textures, plants, and people to your sketch
- Session 6:
- Colour and shade your sketches
- Discuss Ergonometrics
- Discuss different fields Architects can pursue after graduation
All materials will be provided
All sessions are valid for 45 days upon booking
14 and older
Al Serkal Avenue