Ever wondered how architects and interior designers think on paper? Join Architect Naqiyah in exploring the different ways of sketching used as a means of communicating by putting one’s ideas on paper.
Whether you plan to pursue architecture, interior designing or just want to develop a flair for sketching, this class is for you.
In this private 15-hour course (3-hours x 5-sessions), you will explore the perception of a space, its composition, size, and depth through various sketches. you will also be taught how to create sketches using an architectural scale.
This fun class is designed to unleash the creativity in you! By the end of the class, you will be confident enough to sketch your own ideas as well as add life to them by adding colors, shades, and shadows.
- Session 1:
- Introduction to perspective sketching
- Draw a grid with measurements as a basis for your sketch
- Create a one-point perspective by placing the point at different positions and seeing how the view changes
- Session 2:
- Learn how to make platonic forms in 3d with a given size
- Learn how to design furniture
- Add furniture and other details within the space created while learning the spatial relation of objects in space
- Draw flooring, pergolas, and other details
- Session 3:
- Continue practicing sketches. Either make your own designs or copy the view around you.
- Use different line qualities to add depth to your sketch
- Session 4:
- Learn how to draw a 2-point perspective sketch from a simple box to a detailed sketch
- Add textures to your materials
- Session 5:
- Add colors, shades, and shadows to your sketch.
- Add shadows using different methods - stippling, cross-hatching, etc.
- Finalize the sketch by adding plants and trees.
All materials will be provided
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
14 and older
Al Serkal Avenue