Looking to expand your repertoire of embroidery styles? Learn the intricacies and beauty of a traditional Indian embroidery art with your own personal instructor!
In this private 6-hour masterclass (2 sessions x 3 hours), professional embroiderer and teacher Saba will introduce you to the exclusive art of Chikankari, a very special white-on-white historical embroidery style from the city of Lucknow in India. You will not only witness her embroidery but create your own pieces that reflect both this historical art and your own unique sense of style.
What you will learn:
- History of Chikankari
- Basic Chikankari Stitches
- Lesser Known Intricate Chikankari Stitches
- Correct Use of Hoop & Threads
- Implementing an assortment of PDF patterns
- Correct placement of Patterns on Fabric
- Accurate Stitching
Take home your own handmade Chikankari hoop, along with the skills and tools to continue practicing and start creating your own! You can also re-book successive sessions to create more embroidery or work on more advanced designs.
Intermediate & Advanced
- All materials and equipment will be provided
- Students will also receive access to the teacher's pre-recorded instructional videos for the program's duration
All sessions are valid for 45 days upon booking
18 and older
- Participants should already have a basic level of embroidery proficiency
Certificate of completion will be provided
At Instructor Premises (exact address to be provided upon booking)
Masakin Al Furjan