Do you enjoy taking photographs? Take your passion to the next level and learn photography skills from an expert!
In this 6-hour group workshop, you will break free of auto mode as you gain a solid understanding of the essential elements in achieving a perfect exposure: ISO, shutter speed, and aperture. You will also explore the creative side of photography with a focus on the traditional rules of composition, as well as how to break them. The intensive workshop consists of both theoretical and practical learning. By the end of the course, you will be able to confidently craft and shoot photos in semi-manual modes.
- ISO, aperture, shutter speed & depth of field
- White balance, exposure compensation
- Compositional rules and how to develop a critical eye
- Light, color, and temperature
- Burst mode, focus tracking, focus lock
Who Should Attend:
This workshop is suitable for beginners who are completely new to the field. No prior knowledge of photography is required whatsoever!
About the Instructors:
Laura Huntly leaped into photography in 2009, diving into books and research that propelled her self-taught skills with the camera. She broke free of her management position and moved to Dubai in pursuit of adventure. Laura has assisted the legendary Joe McNally, who inspired her to take photography on as a career which she has been doing since 2010.
Shooting families and kids are her forte, but she is savvy in all varieties of the trade. Laura brings her photographic passion to teach students and inspire them to pursue their journey in photography.
- Students are required to bring the following materials:
- DSLR or mirrorless camera with a fully charged battery (point-and-shoot cameras and smartphones are not suitable). The institute can provide the student with a camera for use during the workshop, but they must bring their own SD card
- An empty a memory card for their camera
- Notebook & pen
48 hours prior to course start with full refund
16 and older