Create visually stunning images through the power of Photoshop, as you hone your editing skills with the go-to post-processing software for photographers.
Learn to comfortably navigate Photoshop’s interface, menus, tools, and palettes with this workshop. Through in-class exercises on your laptop, you’ll get hands-on experience with making both fine edits, like spot healing, as well as major edits, like creating composite images. Whether you’re shooting portraits or products, your newfound Photoshop knowledge will help you take your images from satisfactory to spectacular.
- Navigating the interface: menus, workspaces, toolbars, palettes, panels
- Image resolution, sizing and saving: CMYK, RGB, greyscale
- Destructive vs. constructive editing: blending modes, eraser, layers & masking
- Adjustment layers: levels, curves, color balance, hue & saturation, contrast, liquify
Who Should Attend:
Suitable for all those interested in photography and editing. This workshop assumes no prior knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
About the Instructor:
Wilbur Smith is a South African still life, conceptual portraiture photographer, and videographer. He is a self-taught creative who took on film and photography as a hobby, which very quickly grew into his passion. He has acquired more than seven years of professional photography experience working on exceptional inspiring projects that require intuitive and innovative styles.
Wilbur's work has been published in various publications such as Citizen K and WatchTime Middle East, and his clients include Harvey Nichols, Dubai Jazz Festival, Bloomingdales, Ritz Carlton, Nike, Al Tayer, DPG, Beats By Dre, Jumeirah, Damas, Dubai Tourism, BMW, Rolls Royce, & much more. He has a love for teaching people the beauty of capturing moments.
Beginner & Intermediate
- Students are required to bring the following materials:
- Laptop with a fully charged battery
- Photoshop CC (pre-downloaded & fully functioning on your laptop)
- Laptop charger
- Laptop mouse (optional)
- Notebook & pen
- Course notes will be provided
48 hours prior to course start with full refund
16 and older