This one-day intensive workshop offers an introduction to family photography with a focus on photographing infants, toddlers, and children. Designed with photographers in mind, this workshop will equip you with the tools, inspiration, and motivation required to launch your own family photography business.
- Understanding our full business cycle and how we operate our photography businesses
- How to attract new clients and to retain existing clients
- Understanding how to price your business proposition profitably
- Learning new techniques to build rapport and engagement at your shoots
- Gaining clarity on the administrative aspects of your business
- Identifying how to shoot successfully at different locations available to you
- Watching two example shoots to be inspired and informed
- Creating stronger images for your clients by using light and compositional techniques more consistently
- How to continue your growth after the workshop
Who Should Attend:
This workshop is suitable for those who are proficient in shooting in aperture priority and/or manual, who are at the beginning stages of starting their photography business. You might already have some experience in working with/shooting children and families and are keen to pursue this area of photography and grow your knowledge and experience quickly.
About the Instructors:
Lianne has been a photographer for over ten years. After graduating from University in the UK with a degree in photography, she moved to Dubai in 2008. She then went on to combine her two loves (photography and working with children) and established her very successful family photography business, dinkyheart photography, in 2011.When not shooting families, Lianne’s greatest photography passion is ‘epic landscapes’ and you will find her Instagram peppered with dreamily edited wide open images of places in the UAE and abroad.
Natalie Robinson started off her photography journey with GPP as a Level 1 student in 2012 and has gone on from there to build a successful family photography business. Natalie is a qualified ‘Superfeel’ photographer and became a Clickin’ Moms ‘Click Pro’ in 2020.
- Students are required to bring the following materials:
- Notebook & pen
- DSLR or mirrorless camera with a fully charged battery
- Your smartphone
- Empty memory card for your camera with an identifying mark
48 hours prior to course start with full refund
16 and older