Many people believe that painting & drawing is a natural talent, but the truth is with good guidance, a careful eye, and some patience, anyone can become an artist. Suitable for kids and adults, beginners and hobby painters, this 8-sessions (2 hours each) painting masterclass is uniquely customized to suit your skill and age level based on the course outline. This course covers all fundamentals you need to know to become a hobby artist yourself and start creating your own paintings.
Your instructor Naqqash Kashmiri holds a degree in fine arts and is a teacher and artist for over 10 years. Naqqash will provide step-by-step instruction through the painting process and equip you with the skills to work on your own oil paintings anytime again. You can book one session as a trial to get yourself familiarized with the introductory lessons, and book 4, 8 or 16 sessions to learn more advanced techniques and projects.
You can choose from any ONE of the following painting mediums to learn: Oil Paints (or) Water Paints (or) Pastel Colours
Part I: Introduction to drawing & painting (4 sessions)
Day 1: Elements & principles, line practice exercises, study and techniques of freehand drawing
Day 2: Still life (simple objects, vases) & Complex Objects (plants)
Day 3: Painting basics & techniques + Project: still life (simple objects: vases)
Day 4: Painting project
Part II: Painting study & projects (4 sessions)
Day 5: Study of portrait painting
Day 6: Painting project: Portrait painting
Day 7: Study of landscape painting
Day 8: Painting project: Landscape painting
* Materials needed: oil/water/pastel painting pack, (for oil paints: turpentine oil pack, linseed oil pack), canvas/watercolor paper, sketchbook, eraser, and pencils. Students must also have a drawing board at home.
All sessions are valid for 75 days upon booking
4 and older
* Only "Introduction to drawing & painting (Part I)" can be taken as a separate class
* This class is also available in Ajman. An extra fee of AED 100 per session is to be paid directly to the instructor
* Studio space can be arranged for bookings of 8 sessions or more upon request
At Your Premise
* Classes can also be given at an Institute in Al Muntazah Complex, Jebel Ali village (for a minimum booking of 8 sessions and is subject to availability)