Silk is a versatile medium that provides a lustrous background to beautiful and brilliant colors.
In this online class, you can choose to explore one of the various methods of silk painting:
- The Serti Technique - the magical flow of water-based silk colours guarded by the gutta resist.
- The Anti-Diffusant Technique - the mixing and blending of hues resulting in your own unique piece of art.
- The use of salt and alcohol on silk to create special effects giving the piece a new look.
Choose between 3 sessions to create 1 art piece or 6 sessions to create 2 (depending on the size of your chosen project) and you can work on framed pictures or personalized gift items. Each session lasts for 2 hours.
Beginner & Intermediate
- Students are required to bring the following materials:
- Adjustable wooden slotted frame
- Silk pins
- Silk material
- Gutta resist contour outliner
- Water-based silk colors or dyes
All sessions are valid for 75 days upon booking
16 and older