Paint with more freedom and feeling by getting started with abstract art
In this private, online class, you will explore a variety of mark-making techniques with an emphasis on finding what works for you as an artist. Your instructor Ruth will demonstrate the art of intuitive abstract painting and show you some of her favorite abstract painters to help you understand the concepts behind non-representational painting (painting without recognizable imagery).
She will encourage you to try new things as a way to experience breakthroughs and work quickly. You will discover ways to develop your own method of applying paint to compose the visual space. All materials will be provided and at the end of the session, you can take home your unique piece. Each session takes 2 hours.
- Choose 1 session to complete 1 painting
- Choose 3 sessions to complete 2 paintings
- Choose 6 sessions to complete 4 paintings
- Students will need the following materials: Canvas A3 size, paintbrushes, sponges, acrylic paints, apron, gloves, wet wipes & tissues
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
6 and older
- Upon booking the class, the instructor will contact you to set the schedule as per your availability and provide a link to the online platform, where the class will be conducted