Record some warm and happy memories and create amazing works of art with oil pastels!
The project is both fun and easy and will have you feeling like a kid as you unwind and paint. In this private, 2-hour class, you'll create your own landscape scenery and still life, all while relaxing in a warm and cozy environment. You'll take home a piece of your own artwork that is loaded with feeling and freedom. All materials will be provided, allowing you to dive in and get to the fun parts straight away. Along the way, your instructor Liam will give you special tips to ensure each artwork is put together and show you how to add details to make your drawings stand out.
You have the option to choose between 1, 3 or 6 sessions. Each session will focus on producing a single completed piece. You can choose the number of sessions depending on how many pieces you want to create and rebook any number of times to continue your pastel journey!
Each session also highlights different aspects to master in oil pastels as outlined below.
- Step 01: Essential Oil Pastel Techniques
- Learn about things like how oil pastel expression differs based on how much pressure you use.
- Step 02: Expressing Delicacy with Oil Pastels
- Although oil pastels are thick, they can be used to depict delicate scenes. Learn about how to use blunt oil pastels to draw detailed illustrations.
- Step 03: Blending with Oil Pastels
- The blending of colors creates a more natural-looking illustration. Learn how to blend oil pastels and create smooth and elegant gradations.
- Step 04: Finding Colour Schemes
- Nature has a certain color scheme, as do other scenes. Learn about frequently used colors in nature and how to choose colors that fit well together.
- Step 05: Planning Your Drawings
- This class will use photos as a reference for travel drawings. Learn how to get a structure for your illustration by looking at photos and with a bit of perspective theory.
- Step 06: Drawing Detailed Illustrations
- Sometimes, the scenes you see seem too complex to draw. Learn how to divide your illustration into parts, then fill in your drawing piece by piece until you complete your masterpiece.
- Step 07: Storing Your Drawings
- What sprays and papers you can use to keep your art in perfect condition for years to come, without any loss of color or detail.
All materials will be provided
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
12 and older
21st Century Tower
(Unit # will be shared upon booking)