Learn to paint using your own imagination in this abstract painting class!
What is an abstract painting?
Abstract painting is considered one of the purest forms of expression, as it allows its creator to freely communicate visually without the constraint of forms found in objective reality. It encourages independence, creativity, and imagination!
In these private 18-hour sessions (6-sessions x 3-hours), students will be taught to paint by choosing and mixing colors using one's senses and imagination. Even if the student is a complete beginner, the instructor will guide students on how to find & use hidden talents and showcase that in paintings.
- Sessions 1 & 2:
- Colour wash
- How to choose & mix colors together
- How to use paste & how to use the knife with the paste
- How to use oil & acrylic colors in paste
- Sessions 3 & 4:
- How to use gold paper leaf sheets with oil colors
- Sessions 5 & 6:
- How to use a knife with the gold paper & oil colors
By the end of this class, students will have painted 3 professional paintings that will be ready to sell or use in art exhibitions or simply keep in their house as a decorative piece!
About your instructor:
Egyptian contemporary artist Gehan Fawzi has made a remarkable entry into the art world with her bold canvas, where she uses striking colors to express a rich, emotional language. Her bold canvas paintings have since then been exhibited at numerous art galleries across Egypt and Dubai, and she was invited to attend the ‘Mercatino Dell’Antiquariato’ Festival in Venice, Italy and Spectrum Art Basel week in Miami.
* Students should bring their own materials. The material cost is approx. AED 1000 & your instructor can advise on where to buy them.
* Students need to bring:
- 3 Canvas: choose your preferred size in the following range: 100cmx80cm or 100cmx70cm or 100cmx90cm or 100cmx100cm
- 15 plastic cups
- 1 medium paintbrush
- Acrylic paints: black, white, blue, red, yellow & your favorite colors
- Oil paints - black, white, blue, red, yellow & your favorite colors
- 1liter texture paste & 0.5 kg white glue
- 2 palette knives, big & small
- Gold paper leaf sheets
All sessions are valid for 45 days upon booking
20 and older
* Students must take classes twice a week and choose alternate days i.e.
1. Sunday & Tuesday
2. Monday & Wednesday
At Instructors Location:
Unit# will be shared upon booking