This 45-minute private handpan lessons will enhance your knowledge about the handpan and teach you how to play it beautifully. You will be taught by a professional handpan instructor who will tailor the lessons according to your level and goal.
The handpan is a unique percussion instrument that falls under the family of steel drums. It produces soulful sounds that can have a positive impact on your brain by reducing stress and releasing happy hormones. If you would like to learn how to play this distinct instrument, you've come to the right place!
Depending on your ability, the instructor can cover the following topics:
- Beginner -
- Essentials & basics of handpan
- Getting the best out of your handpan
- A step-by-step method that helps you master your handpan
- Intermediate -
- Moving away from the same old grooves and getting to the next level
- Deeply exploring your handpan, linking everything together and playing like a pro
- Advanced -
- Fully mastering your handpan in all areas
- Develop your own unique style
- Explore advanced techniques
- Get an even deeper understanding of musicality and composition
Book for 6 sessions to gain in-depth knowledge and sufficient practice of the handpan. Optionally, you can book 1 session to test out the class.
About the instructor:
Anas Al Halabi is a Syrian multi-talented, innovative, and dynamic percussionist based in UAE. He is well-known in most GCC countries as he is the first official handpan teacher & player in the Middle East. He has previously performed in many countries including UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, India, Malaysia, Maldives, Indonesia, Azerbaijan, Russia, and Georgia. Anas can teach in English and Arabic.
- The handpan instrument will be provided for use in each session
- Students can opt to purchase a handpan from the instructor for USD 1000
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
10 and older
At the instructor's home
Rose 2 - Emirates Gardens
Jumeirah Village Circle - JVC