Expand your knowledge of Indian/Pakistani music by playing the folk drum that anyone associates the Indian subcontinent with - the dholak!
Dholak is a very popular folk drum in northern India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. It is a barrel-shaped drum with skins on both sides. The sides produce a high and low pitch to create the distinctive sound of a dholak, making it popular for Indian folk music. In these 1-hour online, private lessons, you'll play your way to acquiring the skills required for this classical instrument!
Beginners will learn the basics and how to practice their skills. Intermediate to advanced learners will be introduced to advanced skills, improvise their musical compositions and refine their existing skills. Choose between 1, 5 and 10 sessions. These lessons can be customized according to your goals and rebooked as many times as required.
- Introduction to dholak
- List of hand positions and syllables
- Different rhythm styles and patterns
- How to play along with existing music
- What are the different folk styles of India through dholak
- Students must purchase their own instrument and the instructor will offer advice on where to purchase it after booking
All sessions are valid for 90 days upon booking
18 and older
- After completion of a minimum of 10 sessions, a participation certificate will be awarded
via video calling app