Discover how to play the instrument prominent in flamenco music - the cajon!
The core design of a Cajon is simple and elegant: a wooden box that consists of several striking zones that produce stunning drum-like tones. Playing close to the edge of the box produces a higher-pitched sharper tone which is perfect for use as a backbeat similar to a snare drum in a traditional drum kit. As you move closer to the center of the front, the tone lowers in pitch and produces a woody thump allowing the player to use it more like a bass drum.
In this 1-hour, online, private lesson, you'll get all the skills required for this iconic instrument! Beginners will learn the basics and how to practice their skills. Intermediate to advanced learners will be introduced to advanced skills, improvise their musical compositions and refine their existing skills.
Choose between 1, 5 and 10 sessions. These lessons can be customized according to your goals and rebooked as many times as required.
- Introduction to the Cajon and its history
- How to sit on the instrument and play
- List of hand positions
- Different rhythm styles and patterns
- How to play with songs
- How to play solo or with other musicians
- Students must purchase their own instrument and the instructor will offer advice on where to purchase it after booking
All sessions are valid for 90 days upon booking
18 and older
- After completion of a minimum of 10 sessions, a participation certificate will be awarded
via video calling app