Love the sound of classical Indian music? Now you can learn how to play the harmonium - the instrument that brings soul to this serene genre.
This 1-hour online private class will take you through the technical aspects of classical music and teach you how to play the harmonium. You will be taught by a professional classical singer who will tailor the lessons according to your ability and goals. The class is open to students of all levels so don't worry if you're completely new to the instrument and genre.
Depending on your level, your instructor can cover topics like:
- Basic harmonium playing lessons including scales, octaves, reeds, and tuning
- Playing harmonium solo, with or without singing, as well as Semi-Classical, Ghazal, and Bhajan
- Foundations of harmonium music including tonic positions for ragas, basic finger movement techniques, etc
- Lessons on Raga and Taal, Basic Rhythm and Tempo, Taal Padhan, Sargam telling traditions
- Additional concepts like Swaras and Talas
- An in-depth overview of the Raga melodic system
- Students will also learn several compositions and bandishes in the due process
You can book for 5 sessions to learn basic to intermediate techniques, or 10 sessions to learn intermediate to advanced techniques. Optionally, you can book 1 session to try out the class before committing to more sessions.
- Students must have their own harmonium for all sessions. The instructor can guide the student on where to purchase the instrument
- E-study material will be provided by the instructor
All sessions are valid for 90 days upon booking
7 and older
- The instructor can teach in English and Hindi
Via video calling app