If the distinct beats of Latin percussions get your hands and feet to tapping, you’re a sure fit for this class. Learn how to play the congas, bongos, and timpani straight from a pro percussionist!
This 1-on-1 class gives you a solid foundation on how Latin percussions are played, which will help you master the hand-tapping techniques, unique rhythms of different music genres, and improvisation. Learning these percussion instruments are perfect for both solos or accompaniment for Latin grooves such as salsa and jazz.
For complete beginners, 10 sessions are recommended to learn percussion playing from the basics. For experienced learners, you can take 5 sessions to master playing and improvisation techniques, and band dynamics. You can also choose to take 1 session for a trial class. Each session is 45 minutes long and all are held at your own premise.
- Congas & BongosMaster the sounds
- Master different genres
- Improvisation (resources)
- TimpaniTheoretical mastery of sheet music
- Technical mastery of the drumsticks
- Striking sounds
- How to tune the timpani through the pedals
- Note reading
About the Instructor: Osmany Ramirez is the drummer of the Cuban band, Anayvis Club. He is also a professor of different percussion instruments including drums, xylophone, vibraphone, marimba, timpani, symphonic percussion set, and Cuban & Afro Cuban percussions. He studied at the University of ISA (Higher Arts Institute) in Havana from 2013 to 2017 and was assigned to teach Cuban symphonic and popular percussion to students from different countries.
* Students must have their own congas/bongos and timpani at home; and a notebook and pen in handy
* If needed, the instructor can bring his own instrument if required with an additional fee of AED 2002'
All sessions are valid for 90 days upon booking
5 and older
At Your Premise
At customer's premise anywhere in Dubai