Indulge in learning the unique and ancient art of papier-mache from scratch! With this eco-friendly art form, create handmade gifts & souvenirs for your loved ones or even use it as home decor to give a chic look to your space.
In these private sessions, you will learn all the basics and more on how to create papier-mache art. These lessons are specially structured for beginners, suitable for art enthusiasts looking for a new hobby to art students who are looking to develop their skills.
What is Papier-Mache?
Papier-mache is a composite material consisting of paper pieces or pulp, sometimes reinforced with textiles, bound with an adhesive, such as glue, starch, or wallpaper paste. The substance has been used since 200 B.C in China.
You can choose either the 4-session or the 8-session option depending on your learning goals.
In 10 hours (5-sessions x 2-hours) students will learn -
- Papier-Mache sculpting:
- Session 1- Establishing basic structure and Papier-Mache layering (Solid technique)
- Session 2- Establishing basic structure and Papier-Mache layering (Hollow technique)
- Session 3- Painting & finishing of both style sculptures
- Papier-Mache Mask Making:
- Session 4- Establishing basic mask structure and paper mache layering
- Session 5- Painting & finishing
In 16 hours (8-sessions x 2-hours) students will learn -
- Papier-Mache Sculpting:
- Session 1- Introduction to Papier-Mache clay and sculpture planning
- Session 2- Amateur build-up (Solid) student project
- Session 3- Amateur build-up (Hollow) student project
- Session 4- Sculpting with Papier-Mache clay
- Session 5- Painting & Finishing
- Paper Clay Wall Hanging Mask Technique:
- Session 6- 3-dimensional mask planning and amateur buildup
- Session 7- Adding exotic features with Papier-Mache clay
- Session 8- Painting & finishing
* Students should bring their own materials
For 5 Sessions, students should have:
Newspapers & magazines, cardboard boxes or sheets, PVA glue (Fevicol or Elmer's),
paper tapes, big bowl, drawing materials including sketchbook, acrylic paints, synthetic brush set (flat & round brushes), craft knife/scissors, vaseline, balloons
For 8 Sessions, students should have:
All of the above & Drywall putty/joint compound, tissue paper, all-purpose flour, A1 chart paper, standard clay, baby oil or any mineral oil, airtight container & cling film, rubber gloves, sandpaper
All sessions are valid for 90 days upon booking
10 and older
Apartment # will be shared upon booking
Sheikh Thani Building
Besides Landmark Premier Hotel