Upcycle & revamp your used candle jars with these creative workshops!
Did you know that old candle jars can be used in many ways? You don't have to throw out a big chunk of glass after you're done burning your favorite scents. While plain glass jars can look boring on their own, painted glass jars will definitely bring a pop of color to your home. What's more? You can use them as a pencil holder, a jar to hold loose change or simply as decor to beautify shelves at home or your work desk!
In these private sessions, Merit your art instructor, will teach you:
- How to clean the candle jars from the remaining wax
- Upcycle the jars by painting it using acrylic paints
- Add additional decor using glitter
- Tips & tricks to use the jars in a variety of ways
- How to turn old candle jars into pretty snowglobes or reflective candles!
Who can take these sessions?
It is ideal that the students have some background in how to paint as this isn't an introductory painting class. However complete beginners with no prior experience are also welcome to take these sessions & make abstract art on their candle jars.
Students can choose from the 1-session & 3-session packages (2-hours per session). However, it is recommended to opt for the 3-session package as students will learn to get more creative and make snowglobes & reflective candles!
Students will typically finish revamping 1 empty candle jar per session which they can take home in the end. Though the number of jars the student can complete is subjected to the student's speed.
The student can also choose what kind of candle they wish to make if they choose 1-session.
* Materials needed:
- 3 empty candle jars, Acrylic Colors (that will dry fast)
- Permanent Pens, Acrylic Brushes, Pallette, Plastic Cup
- Permanent Glitter Pens OR Glue & Loose Glitter Powder
- Plastic Gloves, Kitchen Cloth
- Optional: USB Fan (To dry the paint quickly and for better results)
* The instructor will guide the student over the phone on how to clear the jar before bringing them to the class
* The instructor will further advise students on the material upon booking the class according to the choice of your work
All sessions are valid for 30 days upon booking
15 and older
* Students can take home their revamped candle jar at the end of the sessions
* Students that choose the 1-session package option can choose what style they would like to revamp their candle in (for example: If students choose "Snowglobe" or "Reflective Candles", the instructor will inform the student prior to the class on what materials need to be brought
* Instruction can be provided in both English & Arabic