If you're looking to explore a new kind of storytelling medium, start creating wordless picture books that pack a ton of narrative power.
Wordless books are meant to draw readers in through pictures, allowing them to interpret the narrative freely. It's a perfect literary experience for children and adults alike and gives people the chance to focus on the art and pick out the smallest details.
This private, online class will help you get started and create your own wordless book in just 6 hours (4 sessions x 1.5 hours). You will learn from Simar, an experienced visual artist and freelance illustrator for children's books. She has also authored and illustrated her own books, many of which have won awards.
What you will learn:
- A brief history of a wordless picture book
- Why wordless picture books are so powerful? And what are the benefits for kids and adults?
- How to improve writing skills
- Story elements (character, setting, plot, theme)
- Create a storyboard
- Art of sketching, drawing and illustrating
- Making a mock-up wordless picture book
- Students will need the following materials: Plain A4 paper, A4, color paper book, crayons/wax crayons, scissors & glue (approx. cost AED 35). The instructor can guide you on where to buy the materials
All sessions are valid for 45 days upon booking
13 and older
- Upon booking the class, the instructor will contact you to set the schedule as per your availability and provide you with a link to the online portal, where the class will be conducted
- Classes can be given in Arabic or English