Do you have an old chest of draws or a coffee table that you cannot use but do not want to throw out? How about repurposing your old household furniture and give them a brand new look? Join this decoupage class for revamping your furniture!
Decoupage is the art of decorating an object by gluing your chosen item (paper or tissue) onto a chosen material (glass, paper, or wood) and then coating the newly decorated object with varnish. This art form is a way to heal, free your mind, and utilize your creative skills.
In this private, 2 session (each 3 hours) class, you will be able to work on one object to transform it. The objects that can be decoupaged in this class are usually small pieces of furniture such as a chest of drawers, council table, coffee table, chair, and side tables. Big pieces of furniture require more material and more sessions can be rebooked as needed based on your project.
- Theory of decoupage
- Prepare your chosen object by cleaning it
- Cut out your chosen pictures
- Experiment with how the pictures will appear on the object
- Glue pictures in place
- Paint and varnish your pictures on the object
- After booking, the instructor will reach out and discuss the best piece of furniture that you would like to be decorated
- All materials (including pictures) are provided, you can optionally use your own pictures or photos
All sessions are valid for 30 days upon booking
12 and older
At Your Premise
Anywhere in Dubai