Nothing says "one-of-a-kind" like a handmade piece of jewelry.
Silver clay or art clay silver is a product that has revolutionized the world of jewelry making. The microscopic particles of pure silver are embedded into an organic binder, which creates a putty-like clay that can be created into various shapes or forms. After drying, the clay is then fired, either with a torch or kiln for a minimum of ten minutes. During firing, the organic binder burns away, all the metal molecules bond (sinter), and the finished piece of pure silver remains. Stones and glass can be set into the clay as decoration.
In this private, online class, you'll learn how to make your own silver clay pendant, ring or earrings using this method. Your instructor Luna will teach you how to create your design using a design of your choice and guide you through the different silver clay techniques, which include molded, stamped, impressed, cut, extruded, sculpted, rolled or brushes. Each session takes 2 hours.
- In 1 session, you'll complete 1 piece (basic)
- In 3 sessions, you'll complete 2-3 pieces (intermediate)
- In 6 sessions, you'll complete 4-6 pieces (advanced)
- Participants will receive a list of materials required and the webshop links to where they can purchase the materials online
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
15 and older
- Certificates of completion are available upon request
- Upon booking the class, the instructor will contact you to set the schedule as per your availability and provide you with a link to the online portal, where the class will be conducted
- Teens may need to be assisted by an adult while handling the materials during the workshop