Interior design is more than just knowing where to place the right furniture at home. It is the professional way of designing interior spaces to make them functional, safe, and beautiful.
This 18-hour crash course (6 sessions x 3 hours) will provide you with both the needed knowledge and the creative ideas you need to succeed in interior design. Even without rigorous universities studies, this course will inspire you to draw and apply innovative concepts like appropriate color schemes, choosing the right furniture, deciding on wall and floor coverings as well as window treatments.
Learn from Rita Nicolas, an instructor who describes herself as a happy, young, and full-of-life designer and architect. She is a Lebanese national with 22 years of extensive expertise in teaching students fashion design, interior design, architecture, creative drawing, and painting in Dubai. You will leave the class with enough knowledge and confidence to decorate your own place and even do it for others. Classes can be taken in Arabic, English, or a combination of both.
- Lesson 1: The Heart of Interior Design
- Essence of interior design
- Technical facets of interior design
- What is a plan and how to read it
- What is a facade and how to interpret it
- What are elevation and perspective
- Lesson 2: Hands-On Learning
- How to use a scale ruler
- How to take a measurement in reality
- Practicing the architecture rules
- How to organize & bend spaces to your needs
- Applying acquired knowledge to toilet & kitchen plans in real-life (scenario simulation)
- Using the trial & error process
- Lesson 3: Creativity
- Design for a studio room with the perspective approach.
- Lesson 4: Technicals (Deep)
- Assessing the materials
- Learning the axonometric
- Evaluating creative approach of the studio (based on the new knowledge)
- Lesson 5: Technicals (Forward)
- Architecture tools & how to use them: limier, scale ruler and architect ruler
- How to employ strict measurement to develop a bedroom design
- Review your own homes
- Lesson 6: Design Real-life Plans
- Designing a reception room from A to Z
- Utilizing the measurements and drawing plans, elevations, and perspective
- Real-life design examples
* Students need to bring their own A3 Sketchbook.
* Any additional materials that will be required during the class will be communicated by the instructor
All sessions are valid for 90 days upon booking
16 and older
* Lessons can be taught either in Arabic, English, or a combination of both
* Certificates of attendance will be provided upon completion of the course
Villa No. 27, 75B Street