Drum roll, please... Ready your sticks and let's hit some awesome beats! Join this class and learn it all from playing simple notes to improvising your own music.
In this private drums class, you will be trained by experienced instructors who will guide you through 1 of 3 properly graded training programs depending on your age and skill level. The programs cover the fundamentals of drumming and body coordination and all the way to helping you improvise and compose simple music pieces.
You will be able to practice your skills even more by playing different repertoires and participating in different musical experiences such as concerts, master classes, recitals and performance appraisals. This will also help develop your confidence and self-expression. Choose to book 8 sessions to learn the basics of 16 sessions to practice the techniques and play the beat of a simple song on your own.
Classes can be rebooked as many times as possible until you achieve your desired level of proficiency.
- Early Beginner Program
Younger students will learn the basics of drumming through note reading and familiarization to the instrument. This program will help kids develop motor skills through good coordination of the body, timing and good sense of rhythm. Kids will develop musicality and still have fun while playing, not forcing them to play strict drumming. Most suitable for kids 6-7 years of age.
- Young Drummers Beginner/Intermediate Program
This next level program is suitable for players who are 8 years and older. It will tackle more on formal drumming, teaching the students sight reading and timekeeping (rhythm) with proper coordination. Students will get to play their favorite music and eventually they will develop their own personal music style to help them perform with a style.
- Adult Drummers Advanced Program
This is the third step in achieving the mastery on drumming. Students will learn how to improvise and compose drum patterns according to their own style, and explore the different genre of music such as Jazz, Rock, Pop, RnB, etc. This program will help them develop their creativity in composing and exploring different styles by making their own drum patterns and variations through self-discovery.
* Drum kits will be provided by the institute for students to practice in the class
* Your instructor will recommend the materials needed for the theoretical study: a set of 3 books for AED 125-150
All sessions are valid for 4 months upon booking
8 and older
* Students with previous experience will be assessed by the instructor to determine the appropriate program
* All the programs are conducted in accordance with the Trinity College London Syllabus
* Upon the completion of the "Young Drummers II" program, students can take Trinity College London drum examinations
* The instructor will explain the requirements for examinations
Jumeirah Plaza, Shop #26
Jumeirah Beach Road