Whether you’ve always wanted to dabble in calligraphy or you’re a veteran calligraphist looking to delve deeper into the techniques of the brush, this class will teach you what you want to know about calligraphy. This private class gives you the option to study any 1 type of calligraphy from the following:
- Tuluth is a script variety of Islamic calligraphy with cursive and oblique lines. It is an elegant cursive script used in medieval times on mosque decorations.
- Diwani is a calligraphy style developed during the 16th century. This script was used to writing all royal decrees, endowments, and resolutions.
- 1 session: you will learn the basic letters of Diwani & Tulth script
- 6 sessions: you will learn all the letters and how to join them to make pretty looking sentences.
- 12 Sessions: you will learn perfection on Diwani or Tuluth Script Calligraphy using a calligraphy pen, working with Colors and designing with Art of Calligraphy
* Students must have Arabic Calligraphy Pen, glossy paper, Indian black ink for calligraphy. Approx additional cost will be AED 80 for materials (this is subject to brand availability and is only an approximate cost). Instructor can guide you from where to buy material.
All sessions are valid for 4 months upon booking
12 and older