Kufic art is widely considered the mother of Arabic calligraphy. Discover the qalam in this private, online class and take a journey to learn how to create intricate designs and letters.
Kufic art is an ancient form of Quranic writing that involves rhythmic repetition and sophisticated planning of geometry. It is one of the most recognizable features of Islamic art and architecture and is present throughout various historic monuments and writings.
You will learn to design basic Arabic letters and different designs of calligraphy, starting with how to draw basic geometric patterns and the history of Islamic art and architecture.
In a 1.5-hour session, you will learn this art and recreate classic examples to produce the following:
- 1 session - 1 piece of Kufic calligraphy and 1 piece of Islamic geometry
- 3 sessions - 3 pieces of Kufic calligraphy and 3 pieces of Islamic geometry
- 5 Sessions - 7 pieces of Kufic calligraphy and 7 pieces of Islamic geometry
- Learn about Kufic calligraphy and its history
- Get acquainted with Kufic alphabets
- Create a fusion of Kufic calligraphy & Islamic geometry
- Learn how to draw some of the best Islamic geometry patterns from around the world, arranged into three levels of complexity.
* Students are required to have their own geometry set, drawing pad (A4) & sketch pens
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
10 and older
* Upon booking the class, the instructor will contact you to set the schedule as per your availability and provide you with a link to the online portal, where the class will be conducted