Learn an art that has been refined over the course of 1400 years to create highly intricate and mathematical calligraphy and geometric patterns.
Kufi is an ancient form of Quranic writing that involves rhythmic repetition and sophisticated planning of geometry. It is one of the most recognizable features of Islamic art and architecture and is present throughout various historic monuments and writings. Discover the qalam in this class and let it take you on a journey to learn how to write in Kufic calligraphy.
You will learn to design basic Arabic letters and different designs of calligraphy - starting with how to draw basic geometric patterns and the history of Islamic art of architecture. Learn this art and recreate classic examples, and you will be able to produce 1 piece of Kufic calligraphy and 1 piece of Islamic geometry.
- Learn about Kufic calligraphy and its history
- Get acquainted with Kufic alphabets
- Create a fusion of Kufic calligraphy & Islamic geometry
- Learn how to draw some of the best Islamic geometry patterns from around the world, arranged into three levels of complexity.
* Students are required to bring geometry set, drawing pad (A4), & sketch pens. Optionally the materials can be purchased from the instructor for an additional charge of AED 35.
48 hours prior to course start with full refund
14 and older
Caribou Coffee, 2nd floor
Al Wafa Tower, Next to Dubai Islamic Bank
Near Shangri-La Hotel
Close to Financial Centre Metro Station
Sheikh Zayed Road