Learn everything you ever wanted to know about getting started with calligraphy! With this collective course, you have the opportunity to learn the basics of the arts of brush lettering, blending, and calligraphy.
You will be introduced to calligraphy using a brush pen, which is like a marker that has a very tapered, brush-like end. The instructor will take you through various blending techniques that allow you to creatively combine colors using regular brush pens directly, or using a special blender pen & blending palette.
Nishika will also teach you when it is appropriate to add flourishing consisting of swirls on uppercase and lowercase letters in your work.
What You'll Learn:
- What is brush lettering & calligraphy, and what are its applications?
- The materials needed and how to use them
- Basic practice strokes
- How to form letters, words, and phrases
- Create the ombré effect
- Combine bold colors
- Add dimension & style to your lettering
- Take your brush lettering skills up a notch by styling your letters with fancy loops and swirls that look so satisfying!
With constant practice, you will be able to train your eyes and hands to create smooth and well-blended lettering that will impress even the most experienced calligrapher.
- A hand-prepared lettering kit for you to take home
- A manual with guidelines for each letter of the alphabet
- 2 brush pens
- A special scale for writing names
- Tracing pad for practice
- Cardstock for a final project
- And a new skill for you to show off to your friends and family!
All materials will be provided
All sessions are valid for 30 days upon booking
10 and older
Caribou Coffee, 2nd floor
Al Wafa Tower, Next to Dubai Islamic Bank
Near Shangri-La Hotel & close to Financial Centre Metro Station
Sheikh Zayed Road