Gaining a solid understanding of the fundamentals of art is the best way to become a well-rounded and versatile artist.
This private, 12-hour class (6 sessions x 2 hours) is a starting point to understand visual communication. It's more theoretical than practical and will give you a strong foundation for your art learning and journey ahead. Though this course won't make you a professional artist, it will help you master the foundations for reaching a professional level. Drawing and painting essentials cover the key foundational principles that underly artwork and its creation. You'll discover the core fundamentals you need to know in order to be effective at learning to draw and paint, be it digital or traditional, in any style or genre. This course is designed for beginners.
- Master the Essential Foundational Principles of Drawing and Painting
- Learn how images are built, from 2D shapes to final finished paintings
- Understand how looseness, line weights and penmanship impact your artwork
- Grasp the fundamentals of a strong art workflow, and the real goal of a "rough"
- Gain insight on moving from vision to implementation, and reaching your idea
- Recognize the empirical patterns apparent in all artwork
- Understanding the right use of GRIPS
- 5- Basic Elements of Shapes. Dot Family, Line Family, Curve Family
- Making Marks: The Wonder of Line & Shape, Optional Learning Activities
- Form & Blind Contour Drawing: (A) The Illusion of Dimension. (B) Optional Learning
- Understanding Basic Contour Drawing: Linear or Pure Contour, how to use Implied line
- Understanding Basic Tonal strip: Shadows, Halftones, Highlights, Optional Learning Activities
- Shapes and definition: Forming Shapes from basic elements. Optional Learning Activities
- Color and Shades: (A) How to blend colors? (B) Color Wheel
- Rendering Mediums – Handling Graphite / Charcoal / Pencil colors
- Line drawing & Symmetry: Drawing using grids, Optional Learning Activities
- Complex Objects: Curves, Inclined Planes, and More!
- Isometric Objects: Drawing from Life
- Watercolors: Basic Introduction / Drawing from Life / Still Life
* Students must bring the following materials:
- Drawing pencil sets (full spectrum of graphite grades), a sketchbook (60 Lbs+) / acid-free) A3 size, charcoal paper, charcoal or Conté, gum eraser, "The Crumbler," drawing pens/ink, blending stamps & quality colored pencils
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
11 and older
* Classes can be scheduled at student's premises. An additional fee of AED 50 will be charged for transportation
(Unit # will be shared upon booking)
Dubai International City