Inspired by a popular comedy series as well as social distancing measures that took over in 2020, this quirky online course is a fun way to directly practice acting skills.
Students are coached into maintaining character as they interact with their mock-therapist (instructor), effectively testing their character study. Through this playful process, students fully develop believable characters that they bring to life directly in session work.
The private, 4-session course caters to actors looking to enhance their performance skills or even authors interested in fleshing out fictional characters. Each session lasts for 50 minutes. The course is taught by Sol Abiad, Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi theatre instructor and founder of Dubai's first experimental theatre, STAR TOO.
- Curtain call: Get briefed on resources provided, scripts, and lesson plan
- Donning the mask: Improvise a full conversation, sustaining character
- Living the character: Have your character tested by your mock-analyst
- Grand finale: Perform/read short scene/excerpt and debrief
- Participants choose a character from a selection of plays provided online by the instructor
- Students read the play of their choice at their leisure (preferably within 2 months of the course validity)
- All teaching materials will be provided online, including forms, questionnaires, theatre textbook excerpts, and a selection of scripts
All sessions are valid for 90 days upon booking
18 and older
- Upon booking the course, the instructor will contact you to set the schedule as per your availability and provide a link to the online portal, where the class will be conducted
- You can book a maximum of 1 session per week