Capoeira is a unique 100% Brazilian martial art sport that blends attack and defense with flowing, dance-like movements, acrobatics, music, instruments, and songs. It is known for quick and complex moves, using mainly power, speed, and leverage for leg sweeps. The fusion of these elements builds flexibility, agility, strength, balance, and coordination in addition to self-confidence. Capoeira is not only a sport but a dynamic, ritualistic and cultural form of self-expression, which connects participants to Brazil's rich cultural history. If you would like to learn this unique martial art, this class is for you!
What you will learn:
In this 1-hour private class, you will learn Capoeira that explores martial arts, self-defense, and gymnastics. With the exotic basic capoeira movements known as Ginga, you will improve your cardio, flexibility, and mood. You will be taught by an experienced Capoeira instructor who will take you through every step and ensure you're able to learn in a safe and fun environment. You will work your upper body, abs, lower body, gluteus group, and lower back, with rotational exotics capoeira movements. Capoeira fitness is a workout like no other; you will work hard and feel really good!
Benefits of Capoeira:
- Capoeira brings health and balance to the life of its participants, whatever their age
- Ideal for building awareness of body and mind.
- Builds flexibility, agility, strength, and balance
- Teaches fast reflexes and self-defense tactics
- Helps in losing weight and staying fit while having fun
- Capoeira is graceful and challenging, a life tool encouraging all those who train to grow and invest in physical as well as mental well-being
About the instructor:
Mestre Alex Caxias Filadelfo, from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, has been studying & teaching Capoeira for more than 30 years. Mestre Alex Caxias Filadelfo taught Capoeira at various schools and universities and has been a guest teacher in various international capoeira festivals throughout the world. He has also performed in famous art venues, such as the Lincoln Center in NYC.
- Students must wear sports clothes and bring water
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
13 and older
- An additional transportation fee of AED 50 per session is to be paid to the instructor for at-home classes
- A uniform can be purchased from the instructor for AED 300 (optional)
1) At the instructor's location:
Bloom Marina West
Al Bateen Marina
2) At your premise in the following areas:
- Yas Island
- Saadiyat Island
- Khalifa City
- Abu Dhabi Island