Join a Spoken English course designed by experts specifically to meet the needs of people who struggle with English speaking skills. Learn new English vocabulary, refine your English pronunciation, and communicate in real-life situations.
The content of the English syllabus is based on preliminary testing and grouping the students into three streams - Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate, and Upper-Intermediate. This approach helps students in the beginner groups to achieve the needed competence and students in the more advanced groups to perfect their knowledge of English.
With 30 hours (15 sessions x 2 hours) of teaching, learning, and assessments - the structure is designed to enable students to achieve the course objectives. While part of any session involves direct teaching, the emphasis is on student participation in discussions and in tasks.
Students are expected to spend time studying outside the class, with guidance, facilities, and materials provided to help them develop their skills. You will be directed to read, watch or listen to material in English, to prepare exercises and activities for the class, to write assignments, undertake projects and generally acquire a repertoire of effective language learning strategies.
The main objectives of the syllabus are:
- To provide material for the students to learn the pronunciation of the English sounds, to learn to read, write, and to know the fundamentals of English grammar and vocabulary
- To develop the students’ reading skills to enable them to skim an adapted text for the main idea, to scan an adapted text for specific information, to interpret an adapted text for inferences
- To develop the students’ writing skills to enable them to respond to input applying information to a specified task, to elicit, to select, to summarize information in short essays
- To develop the students’ listening skills to enable them to understand and apply specific information from the input
- To develop the students’ speaking skills to enable them to use general, social and professional language
* All materials (laptops, notepads, & pens) are provided for use in the class. Students may bring their own laptops if they wish
* Adapted materials will be used in class, linked to the topic areas that are being covered. Topic-based self-access resources (authentic print, audio, and video), dictionaries and grammars are also available
All sessions are valid for 5 months upon booking
16 and older
* Certificate of Completion accredited by ACTVET will be provided
Offices # 101 & # 102, 1st Floor
Landmark Plaza Building, Next to Al Salama Hospital
Hamdan Bin Mohammed Street