Become a professional CAD designer by learning one of the most widely-used design programs in the architecture industry!
AutoCAD is a computer-simulated program used by professionals to design 2D and 3D blueprints of buildings, bridges, electronic components and engineering plans. By learning this software, you can design layouts of small computer chips or draw up plans for residential and commercial buildings. Proficiency in the AutoCAD will help you make standardized drawings easily, as well as proper documentation of the design. Classes are delivered in small groups but can also be given as 1-on-1 depending on the instructor and participant’s availability.
This 30-hour AutoCAD course covers both 2D and 3D drafting:
2D Drafting is for beginners to the AutoCAD program. It allows you to create two-dimensional maps of architectural structures while maintaining a mild approach to drafting.
3D mapping is for intermediate users of AutoCAD. It is a more complex form of drafting maps on computers. This course will teach you how to form complex maps on a three-dimensional scale, giving you the ability to design the perfect blueprints of your building or bridge.
- Introduction to AutoCAD: Interface, Navigating a Drawing
- Basic Drawing Tools: Lines, Circles, Rectangles, Polar Tracking, Erasing Objects, Creating a Simple Drawing
- Drawing Precision: Object Snaps, Polar Tracking Options, Object Snap Tracking, Snap and Grid Settings
- Making Changes: Move and Copy, Rotate and Scale, Mirror – Grip Editing
- Drawing Organization: Templates, Units, Layers, Controlling Layer States
- Advanced Editing: Trim and Extend, Stretching Objects, Fillets and Chamfers, Offset and Array
- Blocks: Using Blocks, Defining a Block, Reusing Blocks
- Setting Up a Layout: Printing Concepts, Working in Layouts, Copying Layouts, Creating Viewports
- Printing: Printing Layouts, Printing from Model Space
- Adding Text: Modifying Text, Adding Leaders, Creating Tables
- Hatching: Creating and Modifying Hatches
- Dimensions: Linear, Radial and Angular Dimensions, Editing Dimensions
All materials will be provided
All sessions are valid for 4 months upon booking
16 and older
* You must be familiar with basic computer operations and operating system.
* A certificate of completion accredited by MOE & ACTVET will be provided by the institute.
Al Omaira Building (Baskin Robbins Building), Suite #102
Hamdan Street opposite Al Salama Hospital