If you've never touched a sewing machine or haven't been applying your machine sewing skills for a very long while while, then join this class and get a refresher or learn from scratch how to successfully thread a machine and all the way to building your skills through a whole variety of sewing projects. By the end of the course, you will have made your first steps into dressmaking and completed a few pieces of your own!
Key Learnings per Session:
- Session 1: how to control your straight/curved line sewing
- Session 2: how to sew a belt (for skirt/pants)
- Session 3: how to sew collars (shirt, dress)
- Session 4: how to sew pockets
- Session 5: how to sew pleats and gathers and godets
Your instructor and professional fashion designer, Bouchra, will give hands-on instruction and tips to make you able to use the sewing machine like a pro.
* You will need to bring 2 meters of the fabric of your choice (should be thick cotton material), 1.5 meters of fusible interfacing, 2 zippers (one normal, one invisible, 20 cm each), 1 meter of elastic (3 cm width), 2 buttons (medium size) and a pair of scissors to complete your projects during the course
* You can bring your own sewing machine or use the instructor's machine during the class
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
16 and older
Al Mina - Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Al Aryam Tower, Block C, Flat #2910
Al Mina Road