If you've never touched a sewing machine or haven't been applying your machine sewing skills for a very long while then join this private ladies-only class and get a refresher or learn from scratch how to successfully thread a machine and all the way to building your skills through a whole variety of sewing projects. By the end of the course, you will have made your first steps into dressmaking and completed a few pieces of your own!
Key Learnings per Session:
- Session 1: How to control your straight/curved line sewing, and how to make a buttonhole and stitch a button
- Session 2: How to sew different types of belts and zippers (for skirts or pants)
- Session 3: How to sew different types of pockets
- Session 4: How to sew pleats, gathers and godets
- Session 5: How to use a serger machine
Your instructor Bouchra is a professional fashion designer and will give hands-on instruction and tips to make you able to use the sewing machine like a pro.
- You will need to bring 2 meters of the fabric of your choice (should be thick cotton material), 1.5 meters of fusible interfacing, 2 zippers (one normal, one invisible, 20 cm each), 1 meter of elastic (3 cm width), 2 buttons (medium size) and a pair of scissors to complete your projects during the course
- You can bring your own sewing machine or use the instructor's Brother GS2700 Sewing Machine during the class
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
18 and older
At Instructor's Home Studio:
Al Aryam Tower, Block C, Flat #2910
Al Mina Road