Whether maxi, mini, pleated or flaring, girls gotta love skirts! And what could be more awesome than designing and creating these lovely pieces yourself?
This DIY skirt-making class (6 sessions x 1.5 hours) is perfect for ladies interested in creating fashionable and chic custom-made apparel that suits their style preferences. In this private class, you will know how to take the needed measurements, create and cut patterns, and finally do specific sewing and design techniques for different skirt styles.
Your instructor and professional fashion designer, Bouchra, will give hands-on instruction and tips to make sure you create the perfect skirts that fit you well.
Key learnings per session:
- Session 1: Learn how to take measurements
- Session 2: Basic skirt foundation
- Session 3: Flaring skirt, flaring full circle
- Session 4: Straight skirt with center part
- Session 5: Skirt with inverted pleat
- Session 6: Skirt with separate/ self-godets
About the instructor: Bouchra Lakehal is a fashion designer for ready-made garments, abaya, and contemporary Moroccan Caftan. She has a technical diploma as a technician fashion designer from the Institute of Applied Technology of Readymade Garments in Morocco, which bases its courses on that of the French Higher Institute of Fashion (ESMOD).
Beginner & Intermediate
- Students can bring their own sewing kit or purchase from the instructor for an additional fee of AED 250. Kit contains a 60-cm ruler, scissors, pencil & eraser; measurement tape; french curve ruler, 1 tracing wheel, and tracing paper
- The instructor will advise you on the type & length of fabrics to use for your pants and where to buy them
- You can bring your own sewing machine or use the instructor's machine during the class
All sessions are valid for 60 days upon booking
16 and older
- Pre-requisite: Students must have basic sewing machine skills
At Instructor's Home Studio:
Al Aryam Tower, Block C, Flat #2910
Al Mina Road