Get organized for peak performance, with this two-day workshop that helps you organize and prioritize for greater workplace efficiency.
Time is money, the adage goes, and lots of it gets lost in disorganization and disruption. You’ll learn to get a grip on your office space, organize your workflow, learn how to use your planner effectively, say no without guilt, and delegate some of your work to other people.
Each session lasts for 4 hours and is full of ideas for organizing your work area and your paperwork and working on the 'right' things.
During this workshop, you will learn the following -
- Organize yourself and your workspace for peak efficiency
- Describe the importance of and the most useful techniques for setting and achieving goals
- Identify the right things to be doing and develop plans for doing them
- List and explain what to delegate and how to delegate well
- Organize things that would derail workplace productivity
Before diving into the course material, students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives. The following are the highlights of the material being taught -
- Left Brain/Right Brain - determining which type is predominantly used and then trying to incorporate ideas from both types.
- Setting Goals - know what you want to accomplish, how you want to accomplish those goals or targets, what resources of time, money and materials you have, and who will carry out the implementation.
- Planning Tools - students will use different planning tools and guidelines through which they can have a better use of these planning tools.
- The Four D’s - method of prioritizing work.
- The Clock and the Compass - The clock represents what we do with the time, and how do we manage our time and the compass represents our long-term goals and how we lead our lives.
- Urgent/Important Model - This model distinguishes all our activities into a matrix and tells us the way in which we tend to spend our time and also what to concentrate upon.
- Managing Your Time - a practical activity where students work out a 168-hour plan for the last week and for the coming week.
- Waste Reducers/Activity Expanders - Waste Reducers are habits that one would like to discard. Activity Expanders are habits that one would like to acquire.
- Delegation - understand the 5 levels of delegation; tell, sell, consult, participate, and delegate.
- Projects - all work is made up of projects; with start times, end times, and interdependencies and resources. Projects should have clearly stated goals.
- Set a Ritual - routines simplify and create order, symmetry, and familiarity in chaos and high stress.
* All materials (laptops, notepads, & pens) are provided for use in the class. Students may bring their own laptops if they wish
All sessions are valid for 30 days upon booking
16 and older
* Certificate of Completion accredited by ACTVET will be provided
Offices # 101 & # 102, 1st Floor
Landmark Plaza Building, Next to Al Salama Hospital
Hamdan Bin Mohammed Street