Manage your individual stress more effectively with this course that teaches you how to better your mental and physical health.
Starting with exploring the harmful long-term effects of stress, you will be provided with strategies on how to manage and eliminate the stressors in your life. These may include anything from lifestyle changes to coping strategies, based on the nature of the situation.
With 8 hours (2 sessions x 4 hours) of instruction, this course takes you a step further and shows you how to use stress to your advantage, turning something negative into a positive and productive form. You will also learn about the different types of stressors and how different people handle stressful situations.
Stress Management Strategy Overview:
Some of the basic stressors that you will be able to address upon taking this course are as follows -
- Learn how to say 'no' - Know your limits and stick to them whether in your personal or professional life. Taking on more than you can handle is a guaranteed recipe for stress.
- Avoid people who stress you out - If someone consistently causes stress in your life and you can’t turn the relationship around, limit the amount of time you spend with that person.
- Take control of your environment - If a particular TV show makes you anxious, turn the TV off. If traffic’s got you tense, take a longer but less-traveled route.
- Avoid hot-button topics - If you get upset over religion or politics, cross them off your conversation list. If you repeatedly argue about the same subject with the same people, stop bringing it up or excuse yourself when it’s the topic of discussion.
- Narrow down your to-do list - Analyze your schedule, responsibilities, and daily tasks. If you’ve got too much on your plate, distinguish between the 'shoulds' and the 'musts.' Drop tasks that aren’t truly necessary to the bottom of the list or eliminate them entirely.
* All materials (laptops, notepads, & pens) are provided for use in the class. Students may bring their own laptops if they wish
All sessions are valid for 30 days upon booking
16 and older
* Certificate of Completion accredited by ACTVET will be provided
Offices # 101 & # 102, 1st Floor
Landmark Plaza Building, Next to Al Salama Hospital
Hamdan Bin Mohammed Street