Join a professional course that helps you progress to and excel in secretarial and administrative roles by learning the key skills required.
With 30 hours (15 sessions x 2 hours) of instruction, learn how to communicate, negotiate, and effectively manage your professional relationships. Some of the most important topics covered in the course are as follows -
- Identifying the key areas for development in this job role, increasing the contribution made to the company; laying the foundations; assessing your contribution.
- Managing your boss successfully; making relationships work; developing your network; communication and the importance of feedback.
- Increasing your contribution to the management team through basic group dynamics and teamwork.
- Developing personal management skills; setting objectives; prioritizing tasks; understanding time management; delegating successfully; problem-solving.
- Organizing effective systems; travel; informal and formal meetings; minute taking.
- Effective communication; learning how to be assertive and stay in control; the telephone; dealing with difficult people; developing a personal action plan.
- How to acquire the interpersonal skills that will enable you to deal more effectively with other
- Assertiveness - how it can be developed and used in a positive way.
- Dealing with conflict, anger, and criticism in a cool manner, while projecting an image of self-confidence and professional
- How to take charge of situations and command attention without being forceful or intimidating.
- How to say ‘no’ when necessary, and negotiate a solution.
- Successful two-way communication, how listening skills and body language can affect a situation
- How positive thinking and creating an overall mental picture can help diffuse stressful situations.
* All materials (laptops, notepads, & pens) are provided for use in the class. Students may bring their own laptops if they wish
All sessions are valid for 5 months upon booking
16 and older
* Certificate of Completion accredited by ACTVET will be provided
Offices # 101 & # 102, 1st Floor
Landmark Plaza Building, Next to Al Salama Hospital
Hamdan Bin Mohammed Street