Get complete guidance through fundamental project management concepts and behavioral skills needed to successfully launch, lead, and realize benefits from projects in profit and nonprofit organizations.
In this 36-hour course (6 sessions x 6 hours), students explore project management with a practical, hands-on approach through case studies and class exercises. Successful project managers skillfully manage their resources, schedules, risks, and scope to produce the desired outcome.
A key challenge for project managers is the ability to manage without influence - to gain the support of stakeholders and access to resources not directly under their control. Special attention is given to critical success factors required to overcome resistance to change. Students will also be able to review the causes of project failure and how to mitigate risks through proper planning in the early phases of a new initiative.
This course focuses on project management methodology that will allow you to initiate and manage projects efficiently and effectively. You will learn key project management skills and strategies and have the opportunity to apply this knowledge through assignments.
Upon course completion, students will be able to understand/implement the following -
- Understand project management design, development, and deployment
- Use project management tools, techniques, and skills
- Employ strategies to address the ubiquitous issue of resistance to change
- Align critical resources for effective project implementation
- Understand the implications, challenges, and opportunities of organizational dynamics in project management
- Identify and use key performance metrics for project success
- Understand how to manage project cost, quality, and delivery
- Engage and lead effective project management teams in your organization
- Impart project management knowledge, tools, and processes to your colleagues
- Recognize and mitigate the early seeds of failure in the project life cycle
* All materials (laptops, notepads, & pens) are provided for use in the class. Students may bring their own laptops if they wish
All sessions are valid for 75 days upon booking
16 and older
* Certificate of Completion accredited by ACTVET will be provided
Offices # 101 & # 102, 1st Floor
Landmark Plaza Building, Next to Al Salama Hospital
Hamdan Bin Mohammed Street